Friday, August 3, 2012

And still more...

An anonymous post just arrived.  This time from a man in France who was abused by RND in the mid-70s and who knew other kids who were similarly abused.


What astonishes me is how this blog continues to bring in others who were abused by Richard Neville Davis.  Other men from New England, the UK, and now France.  I can only assume that they've found this particular blog because they've done a search on the name of their abuser and found this site.  Here we are, thirty and forty years later, wondering about the fate of the man who did so much damage.  


How I wish the authorities, somewhere, could do something.  And how I wish real consequences were enforced.  An abuser here in Massachusetts just received ten years probation for his crimes.  That is far too lenient given the damage.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the statute of limitations in NJ was rejected in the case against The American Boys Choir School which was accused of not protecting their students from a pedophile director at that school in the 60s and 70s

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you have a picture of him? I am portuguese and maybe I know who he is.

Anonymous said...

He owned a villa near Lisbon for several years. Used to take American kids on tours of Europe from there early to mid 1960s. Posted a timeline of his movements 1960-late 1970s yesterday

Anonymous said...

I may be able to locate a picture and will let you know

Anonymous said...

My father was a Portuguese boy whom he paid for his studies. Later he did the same to a cousin of mine. I myself lived with him during the summer holidays in the 80s/90s in Portugal. I always thought it was strange that he paid for the studies of boys he didn't know but...